Developmental Soccer is a travel soccer program for U8 and U9 intramural players that are looking for a bit more from their soccer experience. The commitment should not be taken lightly, as players who choose this option will have to play on both of their assigned intramural and developmental teams, and they will play two games per weekend accordingly.
As a community program, we want to meet every soccer player where they are. Those who develop a bit more quickly than average or who are extra enthusiastic about the beautiful game may look to enhance their experience by playing on a supplemental travel team in the Developmental Program. All U8 and U9 players who choose the developmental option will be assigned to a team based on their developmental level, and they will receive professional training from a SUSA trainer on a weekly basis, as well as in-game instruction from the trainer.
- Only registered NHP Wildcat intramural players may register for Developmental Soccer. Developmental players must play on both of their assigned intramural and developmental teams. It is not acceptable for players to play in the Developmental games while missing Intramural games. Missing an Intramural game will forfeit the player’s ability to play in the Developmental game that weekend, unless an exception has been granted by the Division Director or an Intramural Commissioner.
- Teams will against other soccer clubs within Nassau County.
- Participation is dependent on registration numbers. In the event that there are not enough players for multiple teams, the age group’s player draft/ability as determined by the intramural coaches, the division director, and the intramural commissioner will shape the roster.
- The developmental team requires a much higher level of commitment than just the intramural game. It is possible on some weekends that the developmental game may be on the same day as the intramural games. While other commitments or illness may keep a player from participating in a game, the team is fined $150 if it has to forfeit a game, and there will be many dissappointed players.
- Developmental team participation includes one weekly team training session with a SUSA trainer
- Registration Fee: $175.00
- NOTE: The club pays ~$209 per player assuming 10 players per team, as follows:
- Registration fees ($300/team), player ID cards ($18 each), referee fees ($160/team), SUSA trainer for games ($700/team) and training sessions ($850/team).
SUSA Training Times
Boys U8: Tues @ 5:30pm
Boys U9: Thurs @ 5:30pm
Girls U8: Wed @ 6:00pm
Girls U9: Wed @ 6:45pm